Thursday, May 11, 2006

Yosemite

Sunday May 7th 58.5 mpg, 272 miles traveled Napa to Yosemite
Under Yosemite Falls, a plague at the place John Muir built a sugar pine cabin in 1969.
He writes “ Climb the Mountains and get their good tidings nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into the trees the winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.”
May 8th Mirror Lake, under Half Dome, slush greenery, it’s spring in the mountains, water running off every surface, down sides, to the valley floor, waters on the move, huge snow falls and wet winters in the Oregon, Washington, N. California and the Sierras this year.
Everyone was ready for spring, how bought you?
May 1 delivered, still was a bit cool in the NW, warm here, not hot, time to show off my legs!
Life could not be finer here, not a many climbers, I hear late September is good, when the granite cools, less water. There are some climbers here from all over the world.
Camp 4 $5, first come, first serve or the Ahwahee Hotel $395 per night, I am keeping the towels, soap and wall fixtures, please don’t check my bag.
Hiked half-way up Yosemite Falls, that was good enough, over the tree line, for a good view of Half Dome and the rest of the valley.
“As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing.
I’ll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche. I’ll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can” John Muir
My nights were to sit in my chair above the camp,reading, drinking a beer, my view of the Sentinel and the 3/4 moon over head.
Two full days is not enough, it’s time to travel over or around the mountains, and it’s not one's choice, its natures.

1 Comments:

Blogger monkeysnacks said...

I hope you took some Yosemite pictures to show the folks at home. Or even better, if you ate pie while at Yosemite!

Big news in the Jake's world. Camille and Goose put in their 2 weeks notices yesterday (5/11).

Camille is going to be an associate instructor at Brian Wilke's new culinary school.

And Goose is going to be a dancer at Silverado. A dancer in a cage. Whose stage name is Girth Brooks.

So much excitement!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home