Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Down the Coast


Last night, the motel manager told me to pay at the cafe the next morning, plus you get free coffee, H & H cafe, South Bend. The waitress took my money, cleaned my dirty thermus, filled it with coffee, someone please tip her for me, my back. I owe her!
(Passed though the cafe on my last leg, it's closed!)
I passed the spot where recently, a fellow solo wanderer got caught in the mud flats, trying to get to a little island, he lost his life. Why do we make the choices we do?
On to Seaview and Long Beach, eat at the 42nd Street Bistro, I highly recommend this place. The chef had worked at the Shoalwater up the street, before opening her own.
Rumors that the Shelburne Inn and the Shoalwater are moving to Astoria.
And the Ark sold, the gals split up. it's a tuff buz for couples.
an older fellow been digging clams since 1946, said this years one of the best ever.
To Astoria, it's a town in recovery,people doing the right things here. Restaurants to check out are:
Fulio's Pasteria and Silver Salmon Grille, both within walking distance.
Would love to have a beer at Mary Todd's Workers Bar.
Down the coast, within an hour of Kim & Jeff's farm, left turn on Hwy 26, I'm back.
Back to being to close to home, have I left?
(it was very strange to be so close to home, still in my first week of my journey, it took until I got into sunshine and the redwoods to feel comfortable with choice to wander)

Down Hwy 101 South, past beauty, I know to too well.
I wanted to eat at the Otis Cafe in Otis or Blackfish in Lincoln City, I chose the later, they close on Tuesday. Onward! Hungry.
Past Gracie's Famous Sea Hag in Depoe Bay, the bar is better than the food.
I will try the Rouge Brewery, located over the bay bridge on the docks, great beer, great food, distracted service, not good when hungery. They have a $14.95 burger that looked worth the $, I eat beer batter Fish & Chips, excellent!
While in Newport, check out Nye Beach, cool area.

Cape Perpetua, old WW11 look out, views 37 miles out to 75 miles down the coast.
Lane County, stopped at George Washburn State Park. 30 years ago, I went to this park. The wind picked up, walking on the beach, gulls where using the coastal cliffs and shrubs to fly into the wind, cutting back & forth, like a sailor using the wind. Slowly they moved,they asked me "what you looking at."
30 years to come back to the same place!
Cold night, I need to get out of my home state.
63.4 mpg, 241 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home