Friday, May 12, 2006

On the Extraterrestrial Hwy

May 10th Tonopah
Getting ready to travel “the Extraterrestrial Hwy". with the engine light on!
Take Hwy 6 E, where the trucks still roll, the road is straight as for as the eye can see.
Turn Rt. To the ET HWY. 375 S. This is wild horse country and yes they are here. A small herd of about 8 horses all ages was by the roadside, cool. I did not stop, or feed them Necco wafers, which I love and horses do too. I have not seen another Insight on this trip, damn if one just passed me on the ET Hwy. then to my right I see an antelope running full out, 90 degrees to my right, we will meet if we both continue our routes, he pulls up, I look over, thanks.
While listening to “Secret Agent Man” I pass Rachel, there is the Little Alien Café or Quik Fix Store, and a real Flying Saucer.
Pass Ash Springs the scenery changes, more hilly, and trees on to Rt. 93 to Caliente.
In Caliente is the coolest, the World Famous Hot Spring Motel, there for years, great to stop, you weary travelers. Not able to stay, I stop ask for info, they have remodeled, so not sure about prices.
Then up to Pacaca and into Utah, on Rt. 319 to Cedar City with a detour to SR 56 E, I pass the Last Chance Saloon, it’s boarded up. In Cedar City I am hoping for a cheaper fix for my car. Cedar City is a Hwy town, sitting on Interstate 15, All the regular fare is there. Goodyear runs a test, yes my battery is shot, so they go looking. 115k on the original battery.
They find one, for now the car is fine!
Down Interstate 15 to Zion National Park, arriving early evening for a camp site by the river, looking up at the Waterman, time to set-up camp, the old Boy Scout in me is working, set-up and drinking a beer in record time
I have 14 good beers, Utah sells you weak beer. Is 14 enough?
I have put my faith in Skate, Go Skate Go!
Saw the newspaper today, Bush with his mouth open, looking like a large mouth bass,
talking about your phone records being monitored,it's OK, trust me reminds me of a big bass they will eat a lot of flies if there are no hooks in them.
63.9 mpg, 351.4 miles traveled

1 Comments:

Blogger monkeysnacks said...

Okay. Now I actually have been to Zion National Park. So beautiful. Enjoy the scenery! And the watery beers!

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home